REFLECTOR: Standard edition wheel pants
Dugas Bellsouth
dugasd at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 17 17:03:21 CST 2011
I contacted a RV 6 200 hp pilot and he said the big
"fat" ones are the best and come from the factory.
You can look them up on the Vans site. Bruce and Steve Hammer
Race Glasairs with the gear down at about 250 mph. There are plane picture out there. I'll see if
I run across a couple.
Rene' Dugas
Sent from my iPhone4
On Nov 17, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Renee,
> That is very interesting. If you have any links on what you saw would you mind forwarding them?
> Thanks
>
> Mark B. Magee
> Sent from IPhone
>
> On Nov 17, 2011, at 7:35 AM, Dugas Bellsouth <dugasd at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>
>> I've been told the newest Vans RV covers gain 7 knots
>> Over old ones. Lots of Vans RV experimenters out there with similar speeds almost.
>> Rene' Dugas
>> Sent from my iPhone4
>>
>> On Nov 17, 2011, at 6:18 AM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Kurt,
>>> Those look fantastic. How big a project was this? Seems as if this was fairly extensive on glasswork.
>>> I'm as we'll looking for a better look. My research on speed same as yours: all shapes about the same in drag reduction/speed gains.
>>>
>>> Mark B. Magee
>>> XLFG N34XL 300 HP
>>> Brady TX
>>>
>>> Sent from IPhone
>>>
>>> On Nov 16, 2011, at 11:35 PM, nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:
>>>
>>>> Andy,
>>>>
>>>> I asked someone at the factory that very question. I have the Old style ones and thought it was worth asking. I was told that they are all about the same as far as speed goes. I think the newer ones may be a little more user friendly to remove/re install.
>>>>
>>>> Since there was really no advantage to buying new ones, I just redesigned my old style ones.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Here are some pics of what I did:
>>>>
>>>> http://tinypic.com/r/1zmp3k3/5
>>>>
>>>> http://tinypic.com/r/153061e/5
>>>>
>>>> http://tinypic.com/r/2w1xgft/5
>>>>
>>>> Kurt
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>> From: Andrew Judge <ajudge at grovenetworks.com>
>>>> To: 'reflector at tvbf.org' <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>>> Sent: Wed, Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm
>>>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Standard edition wheel pants
>>>>
>>>> Does anyone know if there are improved wheel pants (more aerodynamic) for the
>>>> standards out there? I've seen the XL ones.
>>>>
>>>> If so, how many knots did you gain?
>>>>
>>>> Andy
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>
>>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>
>>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111117/402cdb46/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list