REFLECTOR: Engine question
Jim Agnew
jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 06:57:57 CST 2011
Matt,
No matter top or bottom however I suggest that you place a disk of the stainless steel and ceramicheat shield that Velocity sells between the mount and the spider to prevent heat transfer from the mount.
Jim
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
From: Matt Bucko <mbuc310 at cox.net>
>To: geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 7:54 PM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Engine question
>
>
>It is an IO540
>
>On 11/13/2011 5:05 PM, Geoff Gerhardt wrote:
>Matt,
>>
>>
>>Is this an IO-360 or IO-540? My IO-360 didn't come with intercylinder baffles, so I just finished making a pair that, I think, are better than the originals. If you want pics, I can send them to you - real easy to make. I suspect that it would be best to have the fuel divider at the coolest location (i.e. where the air enters at the top), but I'm sure others who know better will comment on this. My fuel divider has a mounting bracket that attaches it to the case along the top.
>>
>>
>>Geoff
>>
>>
>>On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Matt Bucko <mbuc310 at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>When I got my kit, I also bought a Lycoming C4B5 which was removed from a Berkut. I believe this is set up for UPDRAFT cooling. The fuel divider is mounted just behind the starter/alternator on the bottom of the engine case. The inter-cylinder baffles are in position.
>>>I guess my questions are...
>>>What difference does it make where the fuel divider is mounted?
>>>Is there a set of inter-cylinder baffles for updraft which are different than downdraft?
>>>
>>>Are there any other differences I have missed?
>>>I can attach a current photo if it healps.
>>>
>>>Matt
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>
>>
>>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>--
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111114/c4ec2bd0/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: airplane.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 14607 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111114/c4ec2bd0/attachment-0001.gif>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list