REFLECTOR: New photos of the Velocity Twin

Velocity VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 7 09:20:29 CST 2011


When you buy the kit build it your way. 

Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ruben Creus 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 8:59 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: New photos of the Velocity Twin


  I love the twin concept on a Velocity, and I have not stopped buying lottery tickets, so, If one day I win it, I would complete my order for one, but to be honest that big tail in the back is a huge turn-off.

   

  I guess it is needed for some reason, but I hoped they could have done like the starship design and make it facing downwards instated of upwards

   

  Ruben

   

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: Scott Baker [mailto:scottb33333 at gmail.com] 
  Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 4:30 PM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: New photos of the Velocity Twin

   

  I have got to think with 250-million people in the USA, at least 20 (the first year) will be ready, willing, and able to step into a modern personal twin!  I think the twin Velocity will not only look 'way-cool' but will perform well too.  I have talked with quite a few people over the years that expressed sincere interest in a 'baby starship'!



  Scott Baker


  On Nov 4, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Peter Braswell <peter.braswell at gmail.com> wrote:

    Totally cool, that's for sure.  As a side-line marketing geek though, I'm wondering what the marketing research looks like on this?  Is there a sustainable market for a kit built twin?  Then again maybe the same uncertainty existed with Lancair with the IV-P and the Evolution??  

     

    I wish them the best of luck and I'm anxious to see the thing up close!

     

    Peter
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com

    Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------





    On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Alex Balic <velocity_pilot at verizon.net> wrote:

    I guess I question why they went with the big center tail and associated fuselage extension instead of just enlarging the winglets which should be effective at keeping the aircraft travelling in a straight line in the event of single engine operation- I am sure they thought otherwise about that, but there is certainly a lot more  wetted area back there now.

     

    From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Reiff Lorenz
    Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 7:20 AM
    To: reflector at tvbf.org
    Subject: REFLECTOR: New photos of the Velocity Twin

     

     

    Velocity has posted some new photos of the Velocity Twin. If you have not been to the web site recently, it's worth checking out.

     

    http://www.velocityaircraft.com/airplane-models-vtwin%20-%20updates.html

     

    I'll be in Sebastian next month. Can't wait to see the twin in progress!

     



     

     

    Reiff Lorenz

    XL RG, Brazilian wings & canard

    Headed back to factory for 4 weeks of "Head Start"

     

     

    PS: Who is the guy in the photo?


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

     

    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111107/5899e23b/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list