REFLECTOR: Fw: heated pitot

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 16:22:07 CST 2011




James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying

----- Forwarded Message -----
>From: Jim Agnew <jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com>
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Sunday, November 6, 2011 4:31 PM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: heated pitot
>
>
>There is an answer and you don't need a 3' extenion, how do I know since I came up with a fix that costs less than a dollar.
> 
>There are 2 dams or trips since the Pitot tube has two sets of static ports, 3 on top & 3 opposite on the bottom. My dams are the width of the Pitot tube about 1/8" high. They slope down from the back side to the top of the tube. The back side Is vertical and FLAT and follows the contour of the tube and is barely behind the static holes the back side. Start with the back side 1/8" high and test the 
>readings against the GPS and you can tune it by carefully filling the height down. MAKE SURE you don't get any epoxy in the little holes. I cut 1" pieces of safety wire to plug mine .030 that fit perfectly or use large sewing needles.
> 
>JB weld makes a good DAM builder.  Call me if you are going to do this so I can make sure you understand the process.
> 
>Jim  813-855-3629
> 
> 
>Jim
>
>James F. Agnew
>Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
>Tampa, FL
>Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
>
>
>From: Laurence Coen <lwcoen at hotmail.com>
>>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>Sent: Saturday, November 5, 2011 4:42 PM
>>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: heated pitot
>>
>>
>>Lou,
>> 
>>I have a surplus shark fin pitot static on the nose of my plane.  The static port doesn't work because the pressure wave from the nose messes up the static reading but the pitot works fine and it's heated.  I think you would need about a 3 foot boom to get the static port to work but I expect you already have a separate static port.  If you look in the AS catalog you wont be happy at the prices.  Try this link.
>>http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_597429_Shark+fin+Pitot+head.html
>> 
>>Larry Coen
>>N136LC
>>
>>
>>From: Lou Stedman 
>>Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:49 PM
>>To: Velocity Reflector 
>>Subject: REFLECTOR: heated pitot
>>
>>
>>My standard Velo is an older model and is equipped with a VOR, ILS, and a GPS for IFR. Unfortunately it does not have a heated pitot, which I understand is required to have it IFR certified. I am planning on installing a heated pitot this winter and was wondering what others have used. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
>>
>>Lou Stedman
>>Velocity SEFG
>>N7044Q
>>Olean, NY_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111106/93ef1e0e/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list