REFLECTOR: Brake Fluid Type problem/help?

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Wed Nov 2 21:52:03 CDT 2011


Ok - I'm sure many more knowledgeable people will answer...  :)

As far as I know - DOT5 is the proper choice, as it is compatible with the old style master cylinder and the Matco brakes.

I would suggest you talk with George Happ @ Matco about flushing procedure and potential seal replacement.

George R Happ
MATCO mfg
801-335-0582

BTW  - I have a "new in box" old style master cylinder (1993 kit) - yours or anyone that wants it for cost of shipping.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Baker
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:24 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Brake Fluid Type problem/help?

Hi All,
Quick question for those much smarter than I.

I have the old brake master cylinders with Matco brakes. (installed and
flying)

I noticed one of the fluid levels was a little low and had asked what type fluid to fill it up with. They said "DOT 3".
So I added from almost the low line on the cylinder to the almost full line with DOT3 a couple of weeks ago.

NOW.. I read in the manual it says the Matcos are not compatible with
DOT3 and only use DOT5.

SO.. here is my question... what do I do.
It seems I've mixed fluids ? and incompatible with matcos brakes

Do I drain and refill the whole system? or ?

Ideas ?? suggestions?? comments??

Thanks,
Kevin Baker
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list