REFLECTOR: CDI?

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon May 30 11:28:30 CDT 2011


Don,

No point for an external CDI in my opinion. When I setup my panel I went all electric. I isolated my two busses and the second EFIS is by backup. 

Same with my engine, dual electronic ignition with a built in alternator in one in case of electrical failure. 

Richard

Sent from my iPhone 4

On May 30, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Don Johnston <don at numa.aero> wrote:

> I'm starting to work on my panel layout. I'll be going with a dual GRT setup. I haven't decided on large, small or widescreen yet. 
> 
> But in looking at other panels, I noticed that some have an external CDI and some don't. 
> 
> Just wondering what the "hive mind" thinks about an external CDI. Is it a smart backup? A wasted $2,000? 
> 
> -Don Johnston
> XL-RG 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list