REFLECTOR: Looking for Expired "National Flight Database" file

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Mon May 30 00:20:15 CDT 2011


Here is a bit of a strange question / request.  Not strictly limited to Velocity but very much on a homebuild / homebrew aviation topic.

Does anyone have a copy of an expired National Flight Database zip file that FAA puts out every 28 days?  I am specifically looking for an expired version.

Here is an explanation.

I am writing a piece of software that will take the NFD dataset and crunch it into some useful form.  One of which is a software tool for post-flight data analysis based on the log file my EFIS creates every flight.

NFD is available for annual subscription of $198 and I will gladly pay that once I am using the database for actual flight and updated information is critical to safety of flight.  That, however may be a few years from now for me.

In the meantime, all I need really is some old dataset I can use to develop the software and test the functionality.  For that, I do not need an up to date copy nor do I need 13 updates for a year.

Thank you.

Hiroo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110530/ebcb1713/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list