REFLECTOR: AN fittings and the RG pump
Erik Franks
efranks at frugalmedia.com
Tue May 10 10:43:12 CDT 2011
I was trying to take a picture of the wire size but you can see how mine is
setup. It clears with a little room for rotation of the T fitting. Maybe an
additional coupler will be required for your setup?
Just broke down the entire pump this last weekend to replace all the
o-rings. $82 kit but I'm hoping it stops the very slow leak I was having.
-Erik Franks
On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Peter Braswell <peter.braswell at gmail.com>wrote:
> Hi all,
> Working on my RG pump over the weekend, I discovered a weird problem that I
> was wondering if other folks had. The pump has a swivel fitting attached to
> it followed by a T fitting with a nipple and female NPT threads on the run
> and another nipple on the leg. The T fitting gets set up so that the runs
> are oriented vertically so that the pressure switch goes on top and the
> aluminum tubing comes in from the bottom.
>
> The problem is with the hydraulic fluid reservoir. It projects out too far
> and prevents the vertical orientation of the fitting. See picture.
>
> It was suggested to rotate the reservoir which only moves the problem to
> the back side preventing mounting to the canard bulkhead. The hole patterns
> prevent 90 degree rotation.
>
> I think I could kludge something up with some AN hardware (a few couplers)
> - but it feels a bit like a hack. Just wondering if anybody else has
> encountered this and if so, what's the solution?
>
> Best,
> Peter
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out:
> *"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
> *Selling your Airplane?* : www.fly-mart.com
> *Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
> My blog: www.icekreamkoan.com
> --------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110510/84433126/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG_2350 (Medium).JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 80722 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110510/84433126/attachment-0001.jpeg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list