REFLECTOR: Pitch trim malfunction

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri May 6 08:56:13 CDT 2011


Something else I forgot to mention.  The onset of this problem coincided with my adding a 2" pad/armrest on the keel.  This put the top of my hand at the top of the stick.  What may be happening is that the web of my hand rides up on the top of the stick and presses on the up trim button.  When I push forward in response, that would exacerbate the problem.  I assume when both buttons are pressed at the same time, the motor doesn't work at all.  That would also explain why the down trim doesn't seem to work right away.  I haven't been able to check (look down at the stick) since I've been doing IFR training and too busy with watching other things.  A month ago, I reduced the pad to 1 1/2" thick and the problem seemed to go away until yesterday.

John

--- scott at tnstaafl.net wrote:

From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim malfunction
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 07:00:25 -0600

Its always hard to diagnose things via email.

But no matter what the trim actuator is doing, pushing hard on the stick 
in any direction should immediately change the pitch of the plane.  the 
one thing these canards are is pitch sensitive.

Maybe this is a mechanical problem between the stick and the elevators?

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim malfunction
From: Al Gietzen <ALVentures at cox.net>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 05/05/2011 11:40 PM

> Today I pushed hard and the nose didn't come down until 3-4 seconds of down
> trim.  But maybe that was just a larger than normal convective rise.  Does
> this describe your experience?
>
> Doesn't sound like convection action to me.
> Do you have the manual that came with the Mac?  Connection diagrams are
> given.  If not you could call them and see if they'll send you one.  Phone
> number on my manual is 760, 598-0592; but that's from 8-9 years ago.
>
> Al
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

-- 
To those leaning on the sustaining infinite, to-day is big with blessings.
Mary Baker Eddy
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list