REFLECTOR: Pitch trim malfunction

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu May 5 17:39:58 CDT 2011


Several times a few months ago and another time today, it seemed like my pitch trim trimmed up uncommanded.  I had to apply forward stick pressure.  After a few seconds of pressing the down trim button, the stick pressure went away.  I have the MAC G7 stick.  I have solid state relays.  In the past the up trim relay failed and I had to land with the trim stuck in the full down position.

My questions are:

1) What can the cause be?  A stuck button on the stick?  A malfunctioning relay?  The trim motor?

2)  Would one of the above failure modes result in shorting out the trim circuit when I press the trim down button?  If so, then that failure mode can be eliminated since a short does not happen.

3)  Is anyone using this stick without relays?  Maybe I could eliminate the relays and make it simplier.

Thanks,

John


More information about the Reflector mailing list