REFLECTOR: Rose EI/Franklin

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Mar 25 11:56:35 CDT 2011


Well, I'm not out of the woods yet, actually lost right now.  As I mentioned I replaced the bad EI ground and the intercom noise is gone.  Then, at 1200 rpm the EI ran weaker than the mag, so I increased the advance to 18 degrees initial and got a good balance.  When I tested in the air, it ran very poorly on the EI, so I put the initial advance to 22 degrees, which is where it should be.  It runs great on the ground and the mag and EI are balanced at 1200 rpm.  In the air it does not run at all on the EI alone.  Previously with the bad ground (1 ohm resistance) I had the EI running quite well.  If anyone has tried the Rose EI on a Franklin I would appreciate hearing of your experience.

Thanks,
John


More information about the Reflector mailing list