REFLECTOR: Canard Center Hinge
Don Johnston
don at numa.aero
Mon Mar 21 12:06:55 CDT 2011
I used a pair of bearings from McMaster-Carr. I think I paid about $4 each
(they're now $7).
http://www.mcmaster.com/#6384k55/=bj4wlf
McMaster-Carr item number is 6384K55
They fit perfectly inside the torque tubes and make for a really smooth
elevator operation.
-Don
Don Johnston
XL-RG
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:03:50 -0800
From: "Al Gietzen" <ALVentures at cox.net>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard Center Hinge
To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'"
<reflector at tvbf.org>
Message-ID: <603ED80F37454CCEB60DA8DB999A0D1D at BigAl>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Richard;
I used self-aligning ball bearings that bolt to the center pivot support.
The o.d. of these bearings fit snugly inside the ends of the torque tubes
(concentric version). I haven't been able to find a photo. With some
research I could probably find the bearing part # (from Aircraft Spruce).
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110321/cf05c2e3/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list