REFLECTOR: Landing light

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Mar 21 11:55:49 CDT 2011


I did the mod to my motorcycle about 1.5 years ago and really love it. 

What are you using, 5,000k or 6,000k or other temp?

As for the ballast, are you running digital ballasts?

Richard 

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Mar 21, 2011, at 10:40 AM, Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com> wrote:

> Terry Miles wrote up a good howto here on installing cheap HID.
> I went with the Duckworks aviation reflector, and got the ballast and D1S lamp assembly off ebay.  I liked the performance so much I also added HID to my canard tips.  I had a picture on my phone that got lost.  When I get the canard back on, I'll take another picture.
> 
> Lots of light little current.
> 
> On 3/21/2011 8:41 AM, aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:
>> 
>> Lou,
>>  
>> A few years back, several of us got a deal on the brighter HID lights which fit in the standard landing light enclosure.
>>  
>> John
>> 
>> --- stedmanlou at roadrunner.com wrote:
>> 
>> From: "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com>
>> To: "Reflector" <Reflector at tvbf.org>
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Landing light
>> Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 00:05:48 -0400
>> 
>> I am flying a  older Velocity FG. The landing light was installed on the speed brake which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. When flying into a busy airport, I like to have my landing light on so that I can be seen easier. I do have strobes but I think the landing light is more visible. I am contemplating a change of location and I live by the KISS method. Would anyone have a photo of your location? The Manuel is not a lot of help.
>> Lou Stedman
>> Velocity SEFG
>> N7044Q
>> Olean, NY
>> _______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110321/2cb8afc9/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list