REFLECTOR: Canard Center Hinge
Richard J. Gentil
richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Mar 21 11:23:21 CDT 2011
Al,
That would be fantastic thank you!
Richard
Sent from my iPhone 4
On Mar 21, 2011, at 1:03 PM, "Al Gietzen" <ALVentures at cox.net> wrote:
> Richard;
>
>
>
> I used self-aligning ball bearings that bolt to the center pivot support. The o.d. of these bearings fit snugly inside the ends of the torque tubes (concentric version). I haven’t been able to find a photo. With some research I could probably find the bearing part # (from Aircraft Spruce).
>
>
>
> Al
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Richard J. Gentil
> Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:16 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard Center Hinge
>
>
>
> Dennis,
>
>
>
> I would appreciate pictures and yes I am talking about the bushing dead center.
>
>
>
> Richard
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4
>
>
> On Mar 20, 2011, at 1:21 PM, Dennis Martin <dennis.doc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are we talking about the bushing at dead center between the two elevators? If so, I redesigned that. I inserted needle bearings inside each elevator tube. Next I took a steel shaft (recycled from an electric motor) and inserted it in aluminum fork in the middle. Now each elevator tube slides into the steel shaft. No way for it to work loose. I can send photos if anyone's interested.
>>
>> Dennis
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Richard J. Gentil <richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was on my third test flight today and I noticed the elevators were no longer trailing at the same angle so I landed immediately. Here are the shots from 5,500 feet at 120kts IAS (130kts TAS).
>>
>>
>>
>> (Second picture of the canard will be in the next email.)
>>
>>
>> After landing I seem to have some play at the oilite bushing. Everything else is tight from what I can tell. All that is left is the bushing. From what I am guessing is that the left elevator has the pressure of the pitch trim spring and the right elevator has the downward pressure of the sparrow strainer.
>>
>> Any ideas would be helpful. My plan is to remove the canard and examine the oilite bushing.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone 4
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> All the best,
>> Dennis
>>
>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110321/796b159b/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list