REFLECTOR: tube flare question
Glenn Babcock
glennbabcock at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 14 13:26:54 CDT 2011
Matt,
The critical part is the face of the flare, which you can't see in the picture. It needs to be very smooth. If thats ok, and the sleeve slides over the outside without binding it should be alright (as best I can tell from the photo).
I never cared for that tool myself. A good choice that's not too expensive is http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/flaringtools2.php.
Regards,
Glenn
On Mar 14, 2011, at 1:36 PM, Matt Bucko <mbuc310 at cox.net> wrote:
> Attached are 2 pics.
> #1 shows the marks left on the oil tube from the flare tool. #2 shows the tool. I tried wrapping 1 layer of tape around the tube before I flared it, however, I still get marks on the tub from the tool.
> Are the marks normal, or am I using the wrong tool?
> Matt
>
> <tube_small_scratches.jpg>
>
> <flaretool.jpg>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list