REFLECTOR: tube flare question

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:11:03 CDT 2011


Matt,

Marks on the outer diameter of the tube are of no consequence.  The flair tool looks like one I have that is for automotive use and I have a different one for aircraft use.  Aircraft and automotive fittings use a different flair angle.  That would be the only possible problem that I can see.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: Matt Bucko 
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:36 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: REFLECTOR: tube flare question


Attached are 2 pics.
#1 shows the marks left on the oil tube from the flare tool.  #2 shows the tool.  I tried wrapping 1 layer of tape around the tube before I flared it, however, I still get marks on the tub from the tool.  
Are the marks normal, or am I using the wrong tool?
Matt







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110314/ff1ae660/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 277199 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110314/ff1ae660/attachment-0002.jpeg>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 310424 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110314/ff1ae660/attachment-0003.jpeg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list