REFLECTOR: Cleveland brake upgrade #1 picture
Lou Stedman
stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 12 19:14:44 CST 2011
I converted to Velocity toe brakes last year from the old Toyota master cylinders which used DOT5. I cleaned out everything but still had sticky cylinders when I switched to 5606. I got new o-rings and all has been well since.----- Original Message -----
From: Barry Gibbons
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:47 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Cleveland brake upgrade #1 picture
In 2007 I installed Cleveland brake straight from box to axle. The brakes started getting sponge and getting worst. Bleed system several times forward and reverse flow. Even removed caliper and turn it up side down and bleed. Call velocity and Scott said try and see if the pads are sticking. I remove the caliper and disassemble. I found a very sticky gummy stufff. I thinking that the Cleveland caliber had some 5606 or something in it that was not compatible with DOT 5. Has any body run across this? See pictures
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110312/be5047da/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list