REFLECTOR: brakes fluid
nmflyer1 at aol.com
nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 16:20:16 CST 2011
Barry,
Umm... because they dont make a DOT 6 :)
If I recall correctly, it was because it was compatable with all the parts & more fire resistant.
Not sure if anyone else did this or not, but I changed my master cylinders to this kind:
I ended up using swapping the rods out of the standard kit supplied master cylinder. They fit perfectly and bolted right up. They are a Whole lot cheaper and much better made.
Here's the link:
http://www.desertkarts.com/item107915.ctlg
Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Gibbons <gibbons at as.net>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed, Mar 9, 2011 2:26 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: brakes fluid
Does any body know why Velocity is using DOT 5 brake fluid?
Barry
_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110309/4e7e75e4/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list