REFLECTOR: Traditional Nose Hatch

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 09:48:11 CST 2011


Jerry, 

Thanks much. It was so nice this weekend, I openned up the hangar and just started trial & error templates. Finely got it right after about 15. And, you're right on. The sweet spot does seem to be about an inch back. 

Kurt 






-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Brainard <Jerry at jlbent.com>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Mon, Mar 7, 2011 6:59 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Traditional Nose Hatch



Kurt,
 
Those should be plenty large enough.  I would make them thinner than the nose gear door hinges though.  I am only using one, but that is a personal choice.  To locate them, I found that it was mostly art.  Some trial and error work with hot glue and you will be able to find the perfect location.  As I recall, the hinge point ends up being just about 1 from the edge of the flange.  
 

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com


From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:18 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Traditional Nose Hatch

 

I'm working on the last item before I start blocking for paint. I have a traditional style nose hatch, although it is an inch bigger all around. I am going to use an inside-release latch and hinges similar to what is used on the RG doors. I looked on the factory manuals, and they appear to be too small for the nose hatch/sealing lip. Has anyone used these type of hinges on a regular style nose hatch? Any templates or up-sizing wisdom if I use the RG gear door template?  

 

Thanks,

 

Kurt 

173 FGE

340HP V-6 Chevy. 

 

I found the tunnel & I think I see the light!


_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110307/636c3847/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list