REFLECTOR: DYNON AHARS location again
Michael Watson
mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:40:19 CDT 2011
The GRT's SPORT model has built in AHRS but externally magnetometer.
Their HX models has both external of the unit.
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:24 PM, John Tvedte <johnt at comp-sol.com> wrote:
> I believe GRT uses a separate magnetometer. Do they make a model
> w/integral magnetometer?****
>
> ** **
>
> John****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Michael Watson
> *Sent:* Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:10 AM
>
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: DYNON AHARS location again****
>
> ** **
>
> I have my GRT AHRS on top of the left side of the canard away from the trim
> actuator.
> I have not encountered any problems in five years.
>
> ****
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Hiroo Umeno <humeno at microsoft.com>
> wrote:****
>
> Not a Dynon but I initially placed my Sierra/Chelton/Corban AHRS between
> the two back seats on my SUV. The back seats are on glass base
> (non-adjustable). I noticed heading drift based on engine RPM at that
> location so I had to move it away. I also had problems in the nose based on
> current draw due to proximity to battery.****
>
> ****
>
> I currently have it in the strake baggage area, a location I am not
> entirely happy with.****
>
> ****
>
> Hiroo****
>
> ****
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Alex Balic
> *Sent:* Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:35 AM
> *To:* 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
> *Subject:* REFLECTOR: DYNON AHARS location again****
>
> ****
>
> Getting back to the recent discussion about Dynon AHARS placement- there
> was a suggestion to put it under the rear seat- I like this location because
> it is generally away from everything electrical except my AP servo (about
> 20”) but that has twisted pairs, so might be OK- anyway- did the person who
> located it under the rear seats have the metal seat tracks, or was it with
> the built up rear FG deck? I didn’t notice any particular magnetic issues in
> my area, although I have the floor mounted metal tracks so the seats can be
> adjusted or removed, - didn’t want to have the sensor located out of reach
> inside the strake where I would have to remove the wing to get to it. Any
> suggestions?****
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html***
> *
>
>
>
>
> --
> Mike W.
> 1997 Velocity Elite RG
> Franklin /IVO Electric CS
> Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision****
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG
Franklin /IVO Electric CS
Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110629/e696ba7a/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list