REFLECTOR: Dynon AHARS

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Tue Jun 28 16:49:14 CDT 2011


I was the one who first asked the question a few weeks ago.  I mounted mine
under the left rear seat.  My seat is on 2 fiberglass supports so very
little metal in the area.  The closest thing is the main gear cylinder in
the keel.  When I calibrated my compass on the ground, it dialed in almost
perfect (+/- 2 degrees  repeatability, which is way better than my BMA mag
in the baggage strake ever did).

I made my first flight (first Dynon flight that is) on Sunday and it seemed
to be working well.  More flight testing will tell for sure.  I plan on
flying again Tomorrow.

So far the SkyView is working fantastically.  I am very happy with this
system.

Darrell


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:14 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Dynon AHARS

I thought about that too, but the outboard area of the strake is structural,
so I didn't want to be cutting into it- probably could reinforce it back up
with triax and all though....

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Falls
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:45 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Dynon AHARS

I plan on a Dynon also (when I get to that point). Can't we add an access
panel on the bottom out board end of the strake, similar in construction to
the nose hatch? I think the AHARS would probably have to be mounted to the
access panel itself. That would solve the accessibility issue while keeping
it away from metal etc. Thoughts/comments? 

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of David Ullman
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:18 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Dynon AHARS

I put the AHARS under the left rear seat.  The seats are non-adjustable so
the only nearby metal is the aluminum brackets.  I am not yet airborne so I
don't know how the engine will affect it at that location.  I located it
where I did because the nose had the battery and oil cooler in it and I
didn't want it the strake where I couldn't get to it without removing a
wing. Not many other options! 

David G. Ullman
Robust Decisions
ullman at robustdecisions.com
541-754-3609

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list