REFLECTOR: Tx 760 D
Michael Watson
mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:23:32 CDT 2011
Kerry,
Hum is usually associated with a bad ground. Remove the unit, spray some
contact cleaner into the socket at the rear of the case,
then spray the contacts on the radio. Slide the radio in and out a couple of
times then tighten the Allen nut to seat the radio.
Remove, Check and clean all ground connections that terminate on the engine
block. I have the same unit in my V. so been there
did that. Good luck.
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Kerry Woods <kwoods241 at att.net> wrote:
> I've just started flying my velocity again after some down time. I have
> the old terra TX 760 D radio which are certainly not the best, but that is
> what I have for now. It works great on the ground with the engine not
> running, but when I start up I have a hum that isn't to loud but keeps me
> from sending or receiving from any distance. We've tried about everything
> with the wiring and charging system and it remains the same. I had the
> local radio man check my antenna, and it checks out good.
> Does anyone have a TX 760 that works that I could try in my try to
> eliminate my radio as the possible source of the problem. Or have any
> suggestions on what they would try.
>
> Thank You
> Kerry Woods
> 241KW
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG
Franklin /IVO Electric CS
Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110617/8403aa84/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list