REFLECTOR: MT burned out pickup - fly? (Karl J. Warner)
sbjknox
sbjknox at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 10 19:27:20 CDT 2011
From: "Dave T Nelson" <dtnelson at us.ibm.com>
> Re. your other comment, the electrically controllable MT prop that I have
> does not have any hard stops. >
> Dave
>
> Dave T. Nelson
Dave, that does not sound good. I don't know your MT but I would think that
it needs hard-stops at either extreme. In my MT there are no electrical
limit switches. At the end of travel when the drive hits the hard-stop. the
locked-rotor motor current is sensed by the electronics in the controller
and the controller stops motor current.
> The force on it simply seemed to push it
> into fine pitch over time, with nothing to stop it.
Have you disassembled the prop hub yet? I'm really curious as to what the
Master Race put in yours. My hub has a fine-pitch worm drive from the motor
shaft... I can't imagine how the prop could back-drive that worm??
Sid
More information about the Reflector
mailing list