REFLECTOR: Flying MT prop with bad brushes

Andrew Judge ajudge at grovenetworks.com
Fri Jun 10 07:27:09 CDT 2011


That's the answer I was looking for! I just confirmed with MT and they stated the same. It would eventually go back to feather.

They also stated that there is now a high-temp block that does not melt as easily. The cost of a standard block is 260 and I understand a high-temp is about 450. Anyone have experience with the high-temp?

Andy

________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org <reflector-bounces at tvbf.org>
To: reflector at tvbf.org <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Fri Jun 10 07:49:14 2011
Subject: REFLECTOR: Flying MT prop with bad brushes


Andy, I don't have any direct experience flying with a bad brush block, but I did have to return from Denver to SE Minnesota with a bad motor once. My advice - Don't Do It!

What happened to me was that over time, usually 30 min. or so, the prop would drift from where it was set towards full feather... and my RPM would get higher and higher... and my temps would start to climb... and I'd have to land and reset. It took all day to make what should have been a 3-4 hour flight, and I don't think it was particularly safe.

My two cents...

Dave - Std RG N22DN

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering

[Inactive hide details for reflector-request---06/09/2011 07:10:53 PM---Send Reflector mailing list submissions to  reflector at tv]reflector-request---06/09/2011 07:10:53 PM---Send Reflector mailing list submissions to reflector at tvbf.org



From:

reflector-request at tvbf.org


To:

reflector at tvbf.org


Date:

06/09/2011 07:10 PM


Subject:

Reflector Digest, Vol 75, Issue 50


Sent by:

reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
________________________________



Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
reflector at tvbf.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
reflector-request at tvbf.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
reflector-owner at tvbf.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
Today's Topics:

1. MT elcoprop - burned out pickup - fly? (Andrew Judge)

----- Message from Andrew Judge <ajudge at grovenetworks.com> on Thu, 9 Jun 2011 23:59:29 +0000 -----
To:

"'reflector at tvbf.org'" <reflector at tvbf.org>

Subject:

REFLECTOR: MT elcoprop - burned out pickup - fly?

I've got my second burned out brush block after about 230 hours on it. It's stuck in a fixed position. I was wondering if anyone has flown one fixed like this until they were able to get a new brush block. Seems to be ok flying. Attached is the picture of it at 5000 and I got a static of 2580. I've got to get to MA...

Andy[attachment "IMG-20110609-00043.jpg" deleted by Dave T Nelson/Rochester/IBM] _______________________________________________
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110610/6462232d/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: graycol.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 105 bytes
Desc: graycol.gif
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110610/6462232d/attachment-0002.gif>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ecblank.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 45 bytes
Desc: ecblank.gif
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110610/6462232d/attachment-0003.gif>


More information about the Reflector mailing list