REFLECTOR: Dynon SkyView ADAHRS location

timfwalsh01 at comcast.net timfwalsh01 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 2 13:10:06 CDT 2011



Darrell, 



I have mine mounted on the canard - no issues.  Love the Dynon Skyview!!  Tim 




----- Original Message ----- 
From: kufalk at wi.rr.com 
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:23:34 PM 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Dynon SkyView ADAHRS location 

Due to the “unique feature" of the SkyView ADAHRS of having the magnetometer built in, where are builders locating this unit? 

A little background. 
I have been flying for almost 4 years with a BMA EFIS-ONE (gold box), which was working good for the most part up until 2 weeks ago.  It no longer boots up.  Believe me, I’ve tested everything and it is dead.  With Dynon offering $1000 trade in value towards the purchase of a SkyView until the end of the month, I consider myself lucky to be getting that.   

I know I had some problems locating the BMA magnetometer behind the panel.  It worked, but was being influenced a little by something.  I moved it to the baggage compartment in the strake with plans to move it to the outboard end of the strake in the future.  It worked well there, so I left it.  The SkyView ADAHRS design makes it more difficult to locate in these places.  I don’t want to route pitot/static lines out to the strake. 

Darrell 
_______________________________________________ 
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery 
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110602/a3142816/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list