REFLECTOR: Need 2-3 Ounces Jeffco Fuel Tank Sealer - Willingtopayless than $600

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Tue Jul 26 20:04:48 CDT 2011


Thanks Alex. I look forward to a visit.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Jul 26, 2011, at 6:50 PM, "Alex Balic" <velocity_pilot at verizon.net<mailto:velocity_pilot at verizon.net>> wrote:

Hi Chris,

Well, I modified my fuel pumps to use AN-6 fittings- they had bulged end fittings for attachment of hose originally. I did this by removing the portion of the tube with the bulge, then machining an AN-6 to fit the OD of the Tube, then abraded the tube and attached the fittings with JB weld- I checked with JB weld about this prior to doing it- they were 100% certain that their product was both Ethanol fuel proof, and aviation fuel proof- I tested this by putting a cured blob into my nice ethanol contaminated fuel in a Jar, and leaving it there for about a month, then checking to see if it had softened at all- it did not- as a  post script to this story, I had to replace the pumps with Tracy Crook supplied ones (which come with AN fittings) because I accidently ran them against a closed supply side valve, and they would no longer develop pressure fast enough for my liking. But the JB weld was still just like new when I removed them,.
BTW- my engine is running quite well these days, and it is not even tuned yet- I got a 325 HP Catto on there (Thanks again to Scott Derrick) so I will have enough resistance to get a good tune on there. Just got my Dynon AHRS mounted (on a small Aluminum shelf behind the vanity and ahead of the gear bulkhead, so I should be able to get tuning done and straight to taxi testing, but as you are well aware, it is really freaking hot, and I choose not to take that punishment, so it will have to wait for a while until we can get a break in the temps…
Come up and visit anytime……

Alex

________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Chris Barber
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:48 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Cc: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Need 2-3 Ounces Jeffco Fuel Tank Sealer - Willing topayless than $600

Alex,

Could you elaborate. Would you thin it?

Also, on the topic of Jeffco, I purchased a five gallon kit when the Jeffco in my stakes failed. However, I chose to not use the Jeffco again and used straight EZ-Poxy.

As a result I have this extra five gallon kit. It is two years old. I would rather sell it then let it waste away.

And in the worse sales pitch ever, I lost faith in Jeffco even though others have had success.

Even though it was never identified as the smoking gun (much speculation though) I use auto gas too and in Houston, Ethanol is mandated.

Chris Barber

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Jul 26, 2011, at 9:39 AM, "Alex Balic" <<mailto:velocity_pilot at verizon.net>velocity_pilot at verizon.net<mailto:velocity_pilot at verizon.net>> wrote:
Dennis-
You can use JB weld to seal the pinholes. it is fuel proof even with ethanol gas - you can call JB weld to confirm.

Alex

________________________________
From: <mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Dennis Martin
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 5:01 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Need 2-3 Ounces Jeffco Fuel Tank Sealer - Willing to payless than $600

Aircraft Spruce sells a 5 Gallon Kit for about $600 with shipping. Nothing smaller. I only need a couple of ounces. I have a pinhole leak in my left strake fuel tank just below the aluminum fitting where it drains. If anyone would like to sell me a few ounces of Jeffco Fuel Tank Sealer (resin + hardener), that would make my week.

--
All the best,
Dennis
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector> <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: <http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html> <http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: <http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110727/7101dd52/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list