REFLECTOR: Piston

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 09:35:41 CDT 2011


John, 

I'd have to get the paperwork and talk to the machine shop to remember all the details. I do know that they had to add Heavy Metal to the crank to get it just right. Then the usual weighing of pistons, rods, and everything else in the rotating assembly. 

I do, sort of, agree with the statement of slow rpm aircraft engines. However, things can only improve & stresses reduced on a well balanced engine. Just something that I have always done "while Im in there". 

 Kurt 






-----Original Message-----
From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tue, Jul 12, 2011 7:31 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Piston


What techniques were used to balance your engine? 
nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote: 
Have a good engine speed shop add some "heavy metal" to the wrist pin to get the weight right. They can get it exact. Don't use a discount engine shop, use a custom speed shop. My engine is balanced to less than 1/2 gram. Kurt 
  
  
  
-----Original Message----- 
From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> 
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
Sent: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 7:33 pm 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Piston 
  
I'm replacing a piston.  The new one is 35 grams lighter than the old
ne.  I need to have the weight the same as the opposing piston.  I
ould machine the opposing one or replace it with a lighter one, but I'd
refer if I didn't have to.  Can I add weight inside the wrist pin of
he lighter one?
John
_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110712/8d7dcd94/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list