REFLECTOR: NACA augmenter?

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Jul 9 20:04:33 CDT 2011


NACA augmenter..  A slightly raised scoop at the rear of the NACA.  Most 
of the scoop being on the outer corners.  A Cozy driver did some flow 
testing and found his upper NACA's were spilling out of the outer 
corners in a big way.  He added some corners and reduced the splillage 
and lowered his CHT temps.

I tried some flow testing with oil and found the same air spillage on 
both outside corners. So I made a bolt on scoop that captured the 
spilled air. Dropped the temps by 10-15 degrees.

The spillage problem was exacerbated by my using the upper NACA's in a 
regular sized fuselage.  Flow testing is warranted to verify if your 
NACA's are spilling or not.

I will get some pics.

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: NACA augmenter?
From: Karl J. Warner <karljwarnerpa at earthlink.net>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: 07/09/2011 06:43 PM

> Scott,
> Love to know more....  exhaust augmenter or NACA augmenter?
> Karl
> On Jul 9, 2011, at 6:42 PM, reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:
>
>> I then added augmenters to the NACA's per a Cozy blog and that really helped.
>>
>> Scott
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

-- 
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds 
discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt


More information about the Reflector mailing list