REFLECTOR: NACA VGs
Darrell & Nora Kufalk
kufalk at wi.rr.com
Sat Jul 9 13:44:19 CDT 2011
Wow. ¾ high seems really tall. I was thinking they only need to be ¼
tall. Also, what angle do they work best at?
Took this picture at the Velocity booth at OSH back in 2008. This is what I
was trying to duplicate.
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 1:24 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: NACA VGs
I've heard of anywhere from right at the point the NACA starts to submerge
to 2 ft in front of that point.
I had them a couple inches in front of the submergence point and then moved
them to about a ft in front which did seem to improve the cooling a bit.
Mine are 3/4 inches high, made from 1" aluminum angle, glued down with clear
silicone. two in front of each NACA, about as far apart as the entry width.
Scott
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: NACA VGs
From: Darrell & Nora Kufalk <mailto:kufalk at wi.rr.com> <kufalk at wi.rr.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: 07/09/2011 12:09 PM
I have been looking everywhere to find instructions on where to place the
VGs in front of the NACA scoops on the roof. I also need to know what they
are made from and what type of adhesive works best.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
Albert Einstein
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110709/b10c2ccc/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 15179 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110709/b10c2ccc/attachment-0001.jpeg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list