REFLECTOR: Aero Composites propeller - NEWS!

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:08:56 CDT 2011


The story begins with my helping Larry Epstein shop an Aero Composites 
propeller for his Velocity 173 Fixed Gear Elite.  Dr. Epstein plans to 
install a Deltahawk aero diesel engine.  Speaking with the folks at 
Deltahawk, we learned that Aero Composites and Deltahawk have yet to conduct 
an installation survey to determine the compatibility of Aero Composite 
propellers on Deltahawk engines.  This led me to contact both companies to 
determine the best way to move forward with an installation survey.

When I spoke with Aero Composites, I was surprised to learn that the company 
is no longer accepting new propeller orders.  I was informed that Aero 
Composites was in the process of redesigning their blade products, and that 
tractor blades (only) would initially be offered.  There are no immediate 
plans to make a pusher configuration using the new blade design.  I was 
surprised to learn that it is Aero Composites decision to discontinue 
production of the current blade models.  I confirmed with the company 
representative that this means Aero Compsites is no longer in the pusher 
propeller business, and that they do not have plans to offer new pusher 
blade models in the immediate future.  Velocity owners who have orders on 
the books with Aero Composites will receive the current model design.  For 
those who have not yet placed their order for an Aero Composite pusher 
propeller - it appears you are out of luck.

Scott B
July 5, 2011




More information about the Reflector mailing list