REFLECTOR: Omega ultrasonic low fuel sensor
Ruben Creus
ruben at vainneg.com
Fri Jul 1 12:57:29 CDT 2011
I used the LVU-A710. It has the same thread than the float sensor, so not
physical changes to the tank were needed. It is an epoxy sensor covered by
metal that should be grounded to the ground of the plane. In addition it
needs power to run, but that not a problem as I had the fuel tank sensor
close by and they use power also. I took from there.
Once powered it let's you with a NO (Normally Open) relay, that closes the
circuit with the presence of fuel. In my case I have a Dynon, so it was only
a small configuration adjustment.
I tried the sensor for few days on a tank at home, with different levels of
fuel, shaking it, in different angles, in hot and cold temps. All tests were
just perfect. If fuels is there, it signals it, if not it does not. Nothing
seemed to affect it. The reason is because it sends and ultrasound that
suffers a distortion when travels through liquid. Nothing but the presence
of the liquid on the sensor affects the ultrasounds
In installed it in the plane and since then I have had not even one
blinking. What I can tell you from my tests is that if it signals it is
because at that moment there is not fuel there on the sensor., but as I said
since I had it on, not even one blink, even under turbulence or turns. My
vent is on the top of the sump and the sensor is approximately one inch from
the top.
Here is the link of the sensor.
http://www.omega.com/pptst/LVU-A710_Series.html
Ruben G. Creus
* +1.571.215.0025
* <mailto:rcreus at vainneg.com> rcreus at vainneg.com
_____
From: Brooke Wolf [mailto:bwolf1 at tds.net]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 2:23 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Omega ultrasonic low fuel sensor
Ruben
Can you recommend a model number for the Omega Low Fuel Sensor?
Thanks
Brooke
From: "Ruben Creus" <ruben at vainneg.com>
Date: June 30, 2011 11:25:30 AM EDT
To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>,
<VelocityXL at fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Sump Light Blinking
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
In my case the vent is on top, but I had the blinking issue anyway. I
thought that the problem was air bubble related but after troubleshooting
realized that the problem was related to the vibrations that the engine
causes.
My sensor was a float type. I replaced the sensors by and Omega ultrasonic
sensor and all bilking problems were gone. The ultrasonic sensor is not
affected by position or vibrations. If fuel is there will read it. It works
great.
Ruben
_____
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110701/d51821ca/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list