REFLECTOR: IFR upgrade

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Fri Jan 28 13:50:29 CST 2011


The gps says right on the front "Not approved for IFR". Besides that, I can't pull up an airway on the display.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: aminetech at bluefrog.com 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 1:35 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: IFR upgrade


  Lou,

  Is your gps placarded "for VFR use only"?  If not it may be useable.  When I bought my plane I was told mine could not be used for IFR, but after many gyrations I am using it for my IFR training.  I can give the lenghty details if you're interested.

  John

  --- stedmanlou at roadrunner.com wrote:

  From: "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com>
  To: "Reflector" <Reflector at tvbf.org>, "Canard Aviators" <canard-aviators at yahoogroups.com>
  Subject: REFLECTOR: IFR upgrade
  Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:05:02 -0500


  I now have a panel mount Garmin 150XL GPS which is not IFR approved. I would like to upgrade to a GPS that is IFR approved. The best situation would be one that will fit right into my existing tray but that is probably not possible. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks

  Lou Stedman
  Velocity SEFG
  N7044Q
  Olean, NY
  _______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110128/a0b3ff11/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list