REFLECTOR: IFR upgrade

John Youngblood aqcs at comcast.net
Fri Jan 28 13:05:42 CST 2011


Larry,

I agree wholeheartedly.  I've been flying with a CNX-80 for three  
years.  It's coupled to a Grand Rapids 8" EFIS Horizon HX.  The combo  
seems to do it all!

John Youngblood


On Jan 28, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Lawrence Epstein wrote:

> For serious IFR in the Northeast, the best box is by far the Garmin  
> GNS 480 (AKA Apollo/UPS CNX-80), unfortunately, they are no longer  
> available new, and getting hard to find used.  In fact, I am  
> looking for 1 myself.
>
> Here in the Northeast, we routinely get Airway routing. This is the  
> only box out there currently, that will fill in an entire airway  
> for you. Makes picking up/entering a clearance ALOT EASIER.
>
> If you can't get that, then go with the Garmin 430 or 530.
>
> Larry Epstein
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Lou Stedman  
> <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I now have a panel mount Garmin 150XL GPS which is not IFR  
> approved. I would like to upgrade to a GPS that is IFR approved.  
> The best situation would be one that will fit right into my  
> existing tray but that is probably not possible. Any thoughts or  
> suggestions are welcome. Thanks
>
> Lou Stedman
> Velocity SEFG
> N7044Q
> Olean, NY
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/ 
> listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/ 
> maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/ 
> listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/ 
> maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110128/92d60279/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list