REFLECTOR: Gear Warning System

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Jan 15 14:46:06 CST 2011


I do have the squat switch, I installed it back in 1999. It is set to
activate at 40 KIAS. Unfortunately 
at touchdown, my airspeed is ~ 65 KIAS, so the squat SW dose not prevent the
gear from going up.

Michael, Bob;

 

That airspeed switch has a small allen-head adjustment screw at the top
center whereby you can adjust the speed at which it switches.  Mine is set
for about 90 Kias (it has a band width of a few kts), and has worked
consistently and reliably for 200hrs and over 4 years. My SE RG lands hotter
than your plane by about 15 kts - canard stall is about 70.

 

My speed needs to be about 90 for gear retraction; and if I'm below 90 with
the gear up the alarm is actuated.  There is of course a reset button for
the rare occasion when I want to play below 90 in the air.

 

The circuit diagram is integrated into the landing gear system on an 11 x 17
which my scanner won't handle.  I'll figure out a way.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110115/bce71159/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list