REFLECTOR: Gear Warning System
Bob Jackson
bobj at computer.org
Fri Jan 14 22:50:22 CST 2011
Al,
I don't think we got a squat switch in our era of kit, but I like the idea
and the use of a squat switch a lot (although maybe not for the 'Gear Not
Down' warning). I would appreciate it if you would post your circuit
diagram, and also a photo or two, if possible, showing where exactly you put
the squat switch to make it properly sense and indicate weight on the wheels
(aircraft is on the ground).
I would prefer a gear warning more simply triggered by just the conditions
of: gear not down and locked, with throttle below ~10%, no matter the
altitude, although I can understand the value of the landing airspeed or
proximity to the ground sensors, particularly for those of us who tend to
fly powered on approaches all the way down to the flare.
And I would also prefer a system that doesn't allow you to raise the gear on
the ground based on the fact that the squat switch is indicating you are on
the ground, rather than airspeed being below flying speed, like we have in
our case.
Bob Jackson
N2XF
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 11:20 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gear Warning System
Mike
I have the 2050 and it works fine. You will need to have a Daniels like
crimper to crimp a high density pin into your intercom or that is likely the
case. See if you can borrow one somewhere. They are expensive. But I
agree w/ Al, you can do it cheaper than $500 as he explained, just be sure
it feeds into your headset. The install manual edition that was current
when I built did not make this point at all. It HAS to be into your
headset.
Terry
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Watson
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 1:52 PM
To: Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: Gear Warning System
Has anyone with a retract gear installed or use either of these warning
system.
Which would you recommend ?
www.flyingsafer.com/2050.htm
www.flyingsafer.com/2037.htm
www.p2inc.com/audioadvisory.asp?area=2
--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG
Franklin /IVO Electric CS
Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision
_____
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1191 / Virus Database: 1435/3379 - Release Date: 01/14/11
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110114/a6190038/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list