REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:17:27 CST 2011


I don't know about Dave's propeller from Vesta, but a few months ago I spoke with Bernie Loyer who has a Vesta propeller (not yet in service).  I asked Bernie to contact Jason to verify if the propeller was okay to be placed into service.  Bernie received a rapid response from Vesta that instructed him NOT to use the propeller.  A follow up Email from Vesta presented a 'softer' positions, saying it would be okay to use the propeller after it had 40-hours of operating time.  I can think of no safe way of obtaining 40-hours of propeller operating time unless it is in service on an air boat!  I know that Bernie asked for a refund from Vesta because of these ridiculous restrictions.  Vesta replied that they could not/would not offer a refund.
Scott B.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jack Prock 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:24 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props


  Does anyone know if Dave Dent ever had any success with the Vesta prop he bought a few years ago?
  It would be nice to get an update on that.

  Jack
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Brett Ferrell 
    To: reflector 
    Cc: eszoke at velocityxl.com 
    Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:49 AM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props


    Thank you everyone for your support and input while we picked our prop.  It was a close race, but we chose the Aero-composite.  I have attached my spreadsheet analysis but I have to admit - as with all things "airplane" there is a lot that is just in your heart.  None of us "need" and airplane - but we love them.  So I tried to be impartial but in the end we got the one we wanted.  And maybe that points out the beauty of building your own plane - you get the one YOU want!  Love you guys and thank you again.

    PS - I thought some folks might be interested in our quotes so they are in there too!

    Sincerely,
    Elizabeth Ferrell


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110216/525114b2/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list