REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props

Andrew Judge ajudge at grovenetworks.com
Wed Feb 9 09:14:08 CST 2011


I have a IO-360 C1C (no counter weighted crank) with a electric MT. Only thing so far has been the brush block burned out. Not a ding in 175 hours. Works great. I had a performance before. No dings there either. Some people have nagged about the MT elco on a 4 cylinder. No probs here.

Here is a picture from my GPS yesterday (tail wind). Not bad for a fixed gear.

Andy
N55AJ FGE

________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org <reflector-bounces at tvbf.org>
To: Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com>; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed Feb 09 09:55:53 2011
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props

If I had a 6 cyl Lycoming on my plane I would find a way to put an IVO on it.





MT


Aero


Catto IVO


price


1


0


3    5


performance


3


3


1    3


down-time


0


3


2    4


customer service


1


3


3    4


# flying


3


1


2    3


reliability


2


1


3    3


construction


1


3


2    3


overhaul cost


1


1


3    5


overhaul frequency


0


3


2    4


Total:


12


18


21




I'll admit my numbers may be biased as I've had no experience with another prop.



John


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110209/35e539d4/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG-20110208-00002.jpg
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 79555 bytes
Desc: ATT95755.jpg
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110209/35e539d4/attachment-0001.obj>


More information about the Reflector mailing list