REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Tue Feb 8 21:45:00 CST 2011


I'm wondering why the Aero got a 1 for reliability.
Darrell

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Brett Ferrell 
  To: reflector 
  Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:11 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props


  Well, I want to thank everyone for their help and input into our prop decision.  I am currently waiting on quotes from MT and Aero now and can post them in case anyone is interested.  It seems like those with a similar set-up to ours prefer the Aero and those with turbo's do not.  My best guess at this point is that we will be on the ground less due to prop fixes with the Aero and that means a lot to us.  I have also heard that the customer service is great.  Therefore, I have created a weighted comparison for your perusal below.  

  I would also like to add -

  Thank you Larry for the kind words!

  And Mulroony - I enjoyed flying Dave Bertram's electric MT too but Brett said that he doesn't like the fact that electric props don't feather if there's a failure.... so he prefers hydraulic - thanks again (we miss you guys!). 

  Lynn/Mark, thank you for taking the time to talk to me on the phone!

  And all of you need to remember that Cincinnati is half-way to everywhere and we would love a visit!


       MT
       Aero
       Catto
       
        price
       1
       0
       3
       
        performance
       3
       3
       1
       
        down-time
       0
       3
       2
       
        customer service
       1
       3
       3
       
        # flying
       3
       1
       2
       
        reliability
       2
       1
       3
       
        construction
       1
       3
       2
       
        overhaul cost
       1
       1
       3
       
        overhaul frequency
       0
       3
       2
       
        Total:
       12
       18
       21
       

  As you can see - Dr. Stockman is correct that the Catto comes out on top. But since we want a CS prop to get us off the runway faster on a hot day It looks like the Aero wins. any commentary (since numbers can be so easily skewed) is welcome.

  Regards,

  Elizabeth Ferrell



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110208/82022ef2/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list