REFLECTOR: Retract system
David Bertram
velocitytx at att.net
Mon Feb 7 07:53:04 CST 2011
Call Wayne Lanza he built the electric system for the retract. Dave
N350TX
-------Original Message-------
From: aminetech at bluefrog.com
Date: 2/6/2011 7:33:51 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Retract system
--- scott at tnstaafl.net wrote:
From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Retract system
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 11:33:34 -0700
I've seen them fail open(coil failure) and closed(welded contacts). I've
seen poor conductivity(pitted contacts). I've seen them only operate when
warm.
In cold weather the gear sometimes doesn't retract right away. I thought it
was the airspeed switch malfunctioning, but maybe it's the relay. I've
installed a switch to over ride the airspeed switch so I should be able to
isolate the cause.
John
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Retract system
From: <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 02/06/2011 10:28 AM
Thinking some more about the unintentional retract I had a year ago, I was
checking the pump relays. With the master on, there was battery voltage at
the relays. When I pulled the 30a breaker, the voltage read about 2.5 V.
Is that right? I was expecting 0. What are the failure modes for a relay?
John
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf
org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
Leave no stone unturned.
Euripides
_______________________________________________ To change your email address
visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www
tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf
org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf
org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf
org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110207/4fb8f158/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 1458 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110207/4fb8f158/attachment-0001.jpeg>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/gif
Size: 46417 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110207/4fb8f158/attachment-0001.gif>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list