REFLECTOR: Constant Speed (hydraulic) props

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Thu Feb 3 14:29:34 CST 2011


Hi Reflector Friends!!!  Brett is kind enough to post this for me!  (Though
I read the Mirror all the time!)

I had a quick question
  it is now time for us to invest in a constant
speed prop – don’t get me wrong, 180 kts out of our wonderful Catto is
great but it was a promise I made to him when we started this!  I am trying
to evaluate the Aero-composite prop versus the MT.  So far I have this
data:

Pro MT:  cheaper, possibly faster, small dings can be fixed by Brett, many
more of our friends are flying them

Pro Aero:  MUCH stronger (and we get many, many, MANY dings all the time –
maybe due to our airport and its collection of rocks or maybe due to my
skills at avoiding them – who knows)

My concern is that the second overhaul of the MT would put the Aero cheaper
since some of you have implied they are made out of glass.

Any help and commentary is welcome!  Thank you!

Regards,

Elizabeth Ferrell  N44VF
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110203/2e11ba48/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list