REFLECTOR: Ever had one of those days? - Fight RG electrical problem
Geoff Gerhardt
geoff at thegerhardts.com
Sat Dec 31 17:35:00 CST 2011
Finally, over Christmas/New Years, I took the week off hoping to get a few
contiguous days at the hangar and make some real progress. I was getting a
lot of work done until yesterday when I found a problem with my RG system
that has me pulling my hair out. Its a rather strange one. My gear cycles
fine when actuated. Two green lights when down and locked. But, the RG
manual indicates that the AMBER light should be illuminated when the pump
motor is running, and the RED light is the "gear unsafe" indicator. On
mine, its the opposite - the RED light comes on when the pump is running,
and the AMBER light when the gear is unsafe. After a lot of head
scratching, I pulled the switch panel out and inspected where the wires
went - the schematic indicates that the BRN and RED wires should go to the
RED light - on mine they go to the AMBER light. The ORANGE wire goes to
the RED light (gear pump on), not the AMBER light as indicated in the
schematic.
On top of this, when I press the "TEST" button, nothing happens - no lights
illuminate. I traced that switch function back to the control box, and
when I press the TEST button, contact is made to the appropriate circuit in
the control box. And, on top of all that, in the gear up position, the
AMBER light (my gear unsafe light) stays illuminated even though the MG/NG
micro switches are closed and the throttle position microswitch is open
(all indicating gear safe).
I've been pulling my hair out for about 6 hrs on this and can not figure it
out. Have any of you had a squirrely problem like this with the RG
electrics? Does anybody else have reversed gear motor on/gear unsafe
lights?
I have the factory "Composite Design" turnkey RG system.
Thanks.
Geoff
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111231/17bb3284/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list