REFLECTOR: Ailerons

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon Dec 26 19:04:40 CST 2011


Jim,


Can you send or post pictures of your universal joints?  Even better, do
you have a recommended part number?

Brett


> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011, at 04:40 PM, Jim Agnew wrote:
>I can explain exactly what is wrong with the aluminum tubes.  They do not
rotate around the center line of >the ailerons.  The tubes warp absorbing
the torque.  Proven by several Torsional vibration specialists at my
>request.  I replaced all of the aluminum torque tubes with the same size
and thickness stainless steel tubes >and added universal joints to the
aileron connection to minimize the warping tendency.
>

>When Sam DaSilva & I discovered that you could hold the back edge of the
aileron with your thumb & >forefinger and move the stick FULL THROW RIGHT &
LEFT without the aileron moving that made me look >for the problem.
>

>Jim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111226/b1433c79/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list