REFLECTOR: Velocities are great... but

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 15 12:04:42 CST 2011


Mark, 


You are right. That is one of the reasons I will keep my (world's oldest) Cherokee 235. It weighs 1450 empty and 2900 gross. even if I fill it up with 84 gallons of fuel, I can still carry 860 pounds!  Of course it isn't real fast (specially for the fuel burn of 12GPH). 
Looking forward to the speed of the Velocity though for many trips. 


I live at Mid Valley Airpark (E98) in Los Lunas. Work in Albuquerque at the Albuquerque Center. 


Back to the hangar. Slightly warmer today!


Kurt 



-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tue, Dec 13, 2011 12:10 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocities are great... but


Kurt,
We love our canard-pushers cause they're fast and efficient. However no one can deny the old spam cans are very utilitarian, and not unlike a flying light duty pickup truck. I put the C210's in the category of full 1/2 ton flying pickup as they and similars are used as such world-wide.
Great pics, thanks. Where are you in NM?

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4


On Dec 12, 2011, at 11:12 PM, nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:




Ok, so it is kind of slow tonight. Too cold in the hangar after work to get much done. 


This weekend I flew down to Santa Teresa NM to pick up a Christmas present for my 8 year old boy. (They have a great aviation museum down there by-the-way). 


I have decided that even once the Velocity is completed & flying, I will keep the world's oldest Cherokee 235. Not just for nostalgic reasons, but because this thing is a Great Truck!..


See below:) 


Kurt 


http://tinypic.com/r/1z3rs7k/5


http://tinypic.com/r/308ehdy/5


http://tinypic.com/r/34qwqi8/5


http://tinypic.com/r/vxya2v/5


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111215/847b85a5/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list