REFLECTOR: ELT ground plane

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 08:14:54 CST 2011


David,
Would love some pics!

Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
*Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
------------------------------------------------------------------------



On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:00 AM, David Ullman <ullman at robustdecisions.com>wrote:

> I have the same ACK ELT and had to do experiments to find a place that it
> would work.  I first mounted it over the sump using a ground plane made of
> a
> thin sheet of glass with an aluminum foil veneer.  This is a smaller ground
> plane than is called for and didn't work because the antenna was too close
> to the fuel vent pipes.  I then did a series of experiments and finally
> mounted it in the pilot side strake interior pocket up against the fuel
> tank
> wall with the ground plane at the rear and only about 6" x 10" and the
> antenna itself mounted on the ground plane and aimed forward.  It tucks in
> the upper outboard corner very nicely and I will put some upholstery around
> it to make it visually disappear.    I can send pictures tomorrow, if
> anyone
> wants them.  This passed all the self testing.
>
> David Ullman
> N-444DX Velocity
> EAA 292 President
> david at davidullman.com
> 541-754-3609
> *************************
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111214/8eed3cfb/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list