REFLECTOR: Fuel System -- Return Fuel Flow
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Dec 8 13:24:35 CST 2011
I think I have that info at the hanger in the overhaul manual.
As I recall it can return as much as 3-4 gallons an hour, but I may be
way under in that number. Its a percentage of the full flow, computed by
RPM, throttle and mixture settings.
Scott
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel System -- Return Fuel Flow
From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 12/08/2011 12:14 PM
> Do you have any thoughts about how much fuel you are returning to the sump?
>
> On 12/8/2011 1:01 PM, Scott Derrick wrote:
>> Continental engines can return quite a bit of fuel. At least the 520's
>> can. The T210's have a known problem of overheating their sump tanks
>> with fuel return and there is a AD out to address that with the
>> electric aux pump. The 210 has a system very much like ours but with a
>> little bitty sump, I think its 1/2 gallon.
>>
>> Since my sump is 3+ gallons I'm not concerned. I draw from 4 inches
>> from the bottom of the sump and return to the top of the sump. No
>> problem in 100 hours, some of those in 100+ F oat.
>>
>> Scott
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
--
What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes
out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'
Christ Jesus, Mathew 15:11
More information about the Reflector
mailing list