REFLECTOR: Door Gas Springs
Kevin Baker
flykb at verizon.net
Sat Aug 20 12:55:57 CDT 2011
Do you have a pic or something showing the new va old style?
Or text describing each.
Basically how to tell one from the other?
Thanks
Kevin
.
On Aug 20, 2011, at 12:27, Michael Watson <mikewatsspg at gmail.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> If you have the original set up which pushes the upper rear end up when the door is closed, I would
> suggest that you convert it to the new setup. I purchased the kit from Scott at velocity and the difference
> in closing the door is amassing. When opened they stay up even when taxing in high wing condition.
> The mounting points are different and the shocks are much longer. The kit includes 2 brackets, 2 new
> shocks 4 screws and instructions.
>
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 8:09 AM, <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
> My gas springs weren't holding the doors open, so I replaced the springs with ones that were 70 psig (10 psi greater). The pilot side worked great, but the copilot door distorted when I tried to close it. I recall someone else having that problem and deciding that the spring pressure was too great. At first I thought that also, but since the pilot door was fine, I investigated further and found that the door was distorting because the ends of the new spring are larger than the old one and didn't fit between the door and the fuselage. So I removed a little fiberglass to make room and now the door closes fine. Just wanted to pass that along for anyone else trying to use different springs.
>
> John
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> --
> Mike W.
> 1997 Velocity Elite RG
> Franklin /IVO Electric CS
> Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110820/42baa87b/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list