REFLECTOR: 500 hour mag check was Re: Hot Starts & Mag Cooling

Jones Nick nick.jones at volvo.com
Wed Aug 17 08:19:01 CDT 2011


You have been fortunate. I have gone beyond the 500 hour mark with other airplanes. I found that when I finally did look inside, there was wear that should have been corrected a long time ago. For the cost, a little mag insurance is cheap.

This is the maintenance bulletin from TCM and the 500 hour recommendation is item #1.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CC5CBE.B3C7A910]

Best regards,
Nick

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:51 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: 500 hour mag check was Re: Hot Starts & Mag Cooling

Thats odd, because I've seen 3 engine rebuilds on the T210 I fly, all went to 1800 hr+.  We never replaced or rebuilt a mag except at overhaul.

I put about 500 hours on the mags on my old bonanza, the logs showed they had about 1100 hours on them when I started.

I guess there are exceptions.

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Hot Starts & Mag Cooling
From: Jones Nick <nick.jones at volvo.com><mailto:nick.jones at volvo.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org><mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 08/16/2011 02:50 PM

The 500 hour mag check/rebuild is a recommendation from Slick and TCM. Most experience shows trouble starting approaching the 500 hour mark.

Best regards,
Nick




--

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110817/1be71071/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image003.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 107744 bytes
Desc: image003.jpg
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110817/1be71071/attachment-0001.jpg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list