REFLECTOR: Hot Start IO-550N

Robert Wood slvegl99 at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 13:33:45 CDT 2011



Bob Wood
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 16, 2011, at 11:30 AM, William Walker <blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Bob,
> 
> My engine is actually a Performance Engines IO-550 EXP, which is similar in architecture to a 550N. Same fuel system and induction setup, just balanced better with a proprietary camshaft, 10:1 pistons, and a 2800 RPM limit. 
> 
> Yes, especially with the MT prop's lack of mass, one must retard the throttle quickly, but I have found that as the engine catches, it does not spin up like a cold, full-throttle start. Remember, it is getting a combination of fuel and fuel vapor so it's a comparatively leisurely spin-up. I have dual throttles with all of the attendant stiction from those two 13 ft cables, and I have not had any difficulty retarding the engine quickly enough. 
> 
> Bill
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list