REFLECTOR: NOSE WHEEL HYDRO. CYLINDER

Jeff Howell jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:28:28 CDT 2011


Bob,
         You are absolutely correct... I found out the hard way after 3 sets of snap-on snap ring pliers... I took the cylinder over to the machine shop where I work (NASA) and had 3 engineers look at it....They were stumped...What they didn't know was the fittings needed to be rmoved and they were not.  The machine shop said they could trim off some of the cap to relieve the snap ring only under one condition... They wanted me to remove the fittings and tape over the actuator with mylar tape.. (so it would fit in the lathe) I took the actuator back to my office and took off the fittings... while wrestling with the forward fitting the aft end pushed in... Man I felt STUPID... I went back to the machine shop and my friend had already chucked up the lathe.I felt bad...Well I learned one thing today, You have to take off the fittings to remove the snap ring... I thought ha ha ha that's funny joke !!! Who would have thunk... thanx for the help...Jeff
 

 



From: jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:58:32 -0700
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: NOSE WHEEL HYDRO. CYLINDER





do you know if it is possible to get the snap rings out of the cylinder of the actuator that you have? thanx Jeff
 



Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:49:52 -0700
From: aminetech at bluefrog.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: NOSE WHEEL HYDRO. CYLINDER



I have one.  The rod needs to be replaced.  I have all the necessary parts for that.
 
John

--- jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com wrote:

From: Jeff Howell <jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: NOSE WHEEL HYDRO. CYLINDER
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:43:56 -0700


Does any body have a extra hydraulic cylinder for the nose gear that they would be willing to sell?? Mine is one of the old ones that I cannot get the snap ring out of because the groove was not chamfered... Thanx Jeff 
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110815/06606952/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list