REFLECTOR: Lamar starters

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Thu Aug 4 22:46:20 CDT 2011


Hello all,

often new starter gears are in extended position when they are coming from the manufacturer, to make sure that it fits the starterring. At least that was my experience working in the electroshop years ago repairing starters.

gr. Patrick Sieders


From: Bellsouth Home 
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 6:14 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Lamar starters

I had one. Upon starting it kicks out and locks out of the way.  Unfortunately mine backfired while starting and I had a golden cylinder of many broken gears. 

Sent from Rene's iPad. 


On Aug 4, 2011, at 10:48 AM, "Douglas Holub" <douglas.holub at gmail.com> wrote:


  I looked at their website and the picture of the PM2401 also shows the gear engaged when the starter isn't powered up. The pictures of used ones on Ebay are the same. So I emailed Lamar the same question I asked the Reflector. Thanks for the link.

  We could all ask the manufacturers our questions instead of asking each other, but the advantage of asking the Reflector is that many people benefit simultaneously from the answers.

  Doug
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: steve korney 
    To: Reflector Reflector 
    Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 12:26 PM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Lamar starters

    It doesn't look to me like it is suppose to be engaged all the time... Better check with Lamar...

    http://www.lamartech.com/


    Steve 



----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: douglas.holub at gmail.com
    To: reflector at tvbf.org
    Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 11:45:37 -0400
    Subject: REFLECTOR: Lamar starters


    I'm swapping out my Lycoming starter for a Lamar PM2401. On the Lycoming starter, the gear is normally disengaged, but then when it starts spinning centrifugal force throws the gear out to engage the flywheel. But with this Lamar starter, the gear is engaged when I install it. Does it spin all the time?

    Doug Holub
    2009 Standard FG w/ electric nose lift

    _______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1391 / Virus Database: 1518/3810 - Release Date: 08/04/11
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110804/e07dd6d4/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list